I had a blast talking with Tyson E. Franklin from the “It’s No Secret with Dr. T” show about:
-meeting the President of The United States and Michelle Obama, and
-why making everything fun is so important.
Some of the main points we discussed were:
- Entrepreneur Energy. Most entrepreneurs have their minds switched on at all times, and a lot of people wonder where they get their energy from. Here’s the answer: If you’re passionate about what you’re doing, you can go all day.Many small business owners get tired because they’re doing something they don’t really like and there’s no passion. Entrepreneurs don’t get tired because they’re doing things that are interesting and usually things that they love to do. This purpose and passion is a renewable source of energy.Steve Jobs would ask himself, am I excited about what I’m doing today? If he wasn’t he would change it.
- Associative Fluency. Sometimes things that seemingly look unrelated are very much related. Steve Jobs took a calligraphy class at university and it was this class that taught him about fonts and design that became a big part of Apple’s user interface.
- Move Your Body. You can learn better by listening and moving your body at the same time, which is why walking and listening to podcasts works so well. When you clear your head by being in the present moment, you will get clarity and new ideas. Make sure you use your phone to record your thoughts, because they’re usually the good ones, when your mind is clear.
- How to Start the New Year (or any new phase in life). A six step process: 1: Close out the previous year – Take time to celebrate your accomplishments, new skills and new relationships, but also review and learn from the mistakes you made. Step 2: Clutter Clear; You need to make space for the new year/phase ahead, just like thinning out your garden each year so new plants can grow and flourish. You need to physically get rid of stuff -and here’s the challenge. For 9 days in a row throw out 27 items per day, which will total 243 items that you get rid of. You’ll be surprised how good this makes you feel. To see the 6 steps in detail you can download the FREE GIFT – 6 STEPS TO YOUR AMAZING 2018
- Thinking is a limited resource. Simplify things in your life.
- Positive on Publishing Podcast. This podcast came about because there’s so much pain in the publishing world, and 80% of people want to write a book. The process has got to be fun, or otherwise authors won’t do it (or they’ll be unhappy). Publishing is a complex industry and everyone says all you need to do is take action, but first you need preparedness. You also need to understand the publishing options available and what’s best for you. Should you self-publish, create an eBook, use CreateSpace or try a (reputable) hybrid publisher.
- Make Everything Fun. Kathryn created the Make Everything Fun website and single Facebook Page so everything was in one place. If you have too many websites to manage, it’s like having too many shirts to choose from, it once again takes up mental energy. It’s all about simplification. Some people like nutrition and some people like writing. By having everything on one website and one Facebook page it lets your audience see what else you do. You may be surprised that your audience in one area is interested in other things you do.
- Monday Morning Tip: Eat That Frog. Before you go to sleep each night, you need to know what your most important task is for the next day. This is the task that you need to do first the next morning before anything else. You may not get it all day in one day, so give yourself a time limit and schedule others days for it’s completion. Don’t get dragged into OPA: Other Peoples Agenda.
- Other Links:
–Ketchum Innovation Center
–Fiesta Casserole Recipe
Check out Tyson’s podcast and website (Dr. Tyson E. Franklin https://www.tysonfranklin.com)
As a transformational leader, do you have a message you’d like to share with more people? Inspiring transformational leaders have many ideas and solutions to provide – and of course limited time.
So you want leverage. What that means is having a bigger platform from which you can share your ideas and solutions. How do you build that platform?
This month-long, self-guided online course covers tips on website platforms, blogging, social media, time management, podcast guests, and more.
Enroll now and learn the process of starting from zero to having effective systems in place to reach more people, every day. Save 50% off the enrollment price (so you pay just $27 for the entire month) today! Code is SAVE50.