Mountain Mantras: The Book
Wellness and Life Lessons from the Slopes
About the Book
- Are you looking for inspiration to tackle life’s challenges?
- Want to learn simple ways to live life more fully, with more energy, and with greater success?
- When’s the last time a wellness book made you laugh out loud?
Mountain Mantras: Wellness and Life Lessons from the Slopes uses stories from the author’s personal life as an engaging, often hilarious, backdrop for studying wellness and life lessons. It doesn’t matter whether you’re a pro skier or have never set foot on the slopes. You’ll learn simple ways to make wellness fun.
When you read Mountain Mantras, you will learn how to:
- Achieve greater success in life simply by adjusting how you perceive events around you.
- Use vision and visualization to turn your dreams into reality.
- Discover a six-step framework you can use to overcome obstacles in your own life.
- Learn strategies to engage fully in life, while experiencing improved health and vitality.
Praise from Wellness Experts
“As a devoted advocate for lifestyle as medicine and an ardent, lifelong skier - this book beautifully conjoins two of my passions. There is expert guidance through the bumps here - with wisdom, experience, and humor on abundant display - and the turns, all well carved. Skiers and eaters will find this an empowering, illuminating read.”
- Dr. David Katz, Founder, True Health Initiative, and author of Disease Proof: Slash Your Risk of Heart Disease, Cancer, Diabetes and More - by 80 Percent
“Kathryn Kemp Guylay proves that you can learn new skills and adopt new habits at any age. As someone who's deeply committed to getting people, from kids to seniors, into the kitchen to cook and eat healthfully, and be the best they can be, I found Mountain Mantras to be a useful, creative, and inspirational book that everyone should read. It offers up a great recipe for success in life and wellness.”
- Tanya Steel, Healthy Lunchtime Challenge & Kids' State Dinner and CEO, Cooking Up Big Dreams, co-author Real Food for Healthy Kids
“Mountain Mantras plays an important role in the movement to improve our nation’s wellness. The book is full of actionable items that if followed will without question improve one’s health – it exemplifies the true nature of wellness, told with a humorous and engaging tone.”
- Ryan Picarella, President, Wellness Council of America (WELCOA)
“Get ready for Kathryn’s unique, positive voice. I didn’t expect a book about nutrition and wellness, told through the use of a skiing metaphor, to be a ‘can’t put it down page-turner’. But that’s just what Mountain Mantras is. Kathryn’s personal journey out west provides the perfect backdrop to stories that keep the reader engaged and laughing out loud!”
- Jeanne Nolan, Founder of The Organic Gardener and author of From the Ground Up, A Food Grower’s Education in Life, Love and the Movement That’s Changing the Nation
Praise from Professional Athletes
Mountain Mantras portrays nutrition and wellness in a laugh-out-loud, funny way. Important and fun! Don’t miss this book.”
- Tiger Shaw, President and CEO U.S. Ski and Snowboard Association
“Attitudes about nutrition and wellness have the power to drastically alter performance and longevity. Kathryn’s lessons are inspirational and practical. All my peers should read this.”
- Lyman Currier, U.S. Freesking Team: 2014 Winter Olympics in Sochi and X Games Athlete
“I love the idea of mantras for success in wellness and in life. The lessons from Mountain Mantras can be applied to many walks of life, from the Olympics to Main Street America.”
- Liz Stephen, 2 x Olympian, 2010 and 2014 Winter Games
“This book is full of life lessons. Kathryn has a great sense of humor! Don't miss out.”
- Muffy Ritz, 3x podium finisher- Race Across America, and Founder of the VAMPS women's Nordic ski program
Praise from Business Experts
“Real, practical wisdom for all aspects of life - on the slopes, at home, and in the corner office.”
- Dave Belin, Director of Consulting Services, RRC Associates
"As an advocate for strong and independent women, I find the messages in Mountain Mantras to be very inspiring. A must-read for anyone seeking greater success in life."
- Candace Bahr, Managing Partner at Bahr Investment Group and Co-Author It’s More Than Money—It’s Your Life!
"With advice such as Throw Yourself Down the Mountain (to fully engage in your decisions), Mountain Mantras is an unforgettable tale with many concepts applicable to the entrepreneur. Laugh and learn your way to success!"
- Leo Pollock, Principal at The Compost Plant
“Learning to smile through adversity is one of many great life lessons Kathryn covers. Mountain Mantras preaches a positive, health-focused approach towards life that many can benefit from. People who want to focus more on their health and young people starting their careers should read this book.”
- Dr. Rick LeFaivre, Venture Capitalist and former VP of Advanced Technology at Apple