My guest today is Alan McComas, the laid-back wholesaler and #1 bestselling author to the book THE LAIDBACK LIFESTYLE: Anyone can have it.
He is also a consultant and vice president at SEI Engineer, Inc. and a real estate investor. Alan is committed to helping as many people as possible by sharing his thoughts and insights in his books that draw from his own personal and professional experience.
In this episode, we will get very in-depth with his writing and publishing journey while touching on several key points such as accountability, outsourcing, and doing one thing at a time!
Here are the fun nuggets from the show:
- Accountability is key. If you are an aspiring author, from now on introduce yourself as the “author of the upcoming insert book title”.
- A public statement can be one of the most important steps in your publishing journey. Tell all of your friends and the world about your upcoming book, because your intention to be an author can often be the most powerful catalyst to getting your book done.
- Build a team. Alan made use of the site Upwork.
- Invest in yourself. Alan did a coaching program called Self Publishing School which he absolutely loved. (I’ve got Self Publishing School on my list of recommended classes/resources at Make Publishing Fun; it is a 3-month program that has already started this Fall). If you are looking for a writing/publishing program NOW, you can check out some of my online courses, several of which are free.
- The world of Amazon for publishers is always changing and keeps you quick on your feet. The dynamic nature of the publishing industry is what makes it fun. Fun should be the catalyst for why you do things: enjoy life and offer a lot to other people along the way.
- Do one thing at a time. Most people are overwhelmed struggling with procrastination which results from putting too much on your plate at once. Break things down and be patient.
For those that seek even more information about publishing, and especially profitable publishing, I’ve created a new ebook called “5 Things You Need to Know to Make Publishing Profitable and Fun”.
Become an author, without falling into the time and money pit that has sucked in many authors.
Get tips on how to build a supportive community for your writing and publishing journey that will ensure you have FUN along the way!
This free ebook will get you on your way to make publishing profitable and fun!
Want more information on how to publish a book profitably?
Get the important facts about the publishing industry today (traditional, self, and hybrid publishing) and how you can plan a fun and profitable book publishing process.
Please check out this FREE Make Publishing Fun Course on teachable!