My guest for Episode 013 of the Mountain Mantras: Wellness and Life Lessons show is Janette Hillis-Jaffe, author, coach and speaker. She is the author of Everyday Healing, Stand Up, Take Charge, and Get Your Health Back…One Day at a Time.
The mantras from the show that you can incorporate into your daily life to be healthier and happier are:
1. Make healing/optimal health a manageable process by taking baby steps (try over a 100 day period)
2. Optimal health is also in our minds, hearts, relationships and homes
3. Take 5 key steps towards optimal health: a) take charge, b) nurture your heart, c) believe, d) connect and e) create order
4. Create a big vision for your optimal health (and meditate/think deeply about what might be stopping you in achieving that vision)
5. Set up your environment as an important part of your support team for optimal health; Janette suggests as part of that environmental set-up to think about a) tupperware containers, b) placement of pots and pans, c) the pantry and d) music. 🙂
Janette Hillis-Jaffe combines her personal experience as a patient with her background as a public health professional to help oth- ers chart a course out of illness into health. Janette is a sought-after speaker, consultant, and coach, with a master’s in public health from the Harvard School of Public Health. She spent thousands of hours studying counseling, nutrition, the mind-body connection, and the U.S. healthcare system during her successful effort to heal from her own six- year debilitating autoimmune disorder. Having recovered her health, she lives in Sharon, Massachusetts, and supports others to lose weight, ease chronic illness, recover from acute illness, and overcome persistent pain. For more information, please go to www.healforrealnow.com