Episode 041 of the Mountain Mantras: Wellness and Life Lessons show features my guest Jen Coken, life coach and stand-up comedian.
We focus on getting you, dear listener, started on the right foot for the new year. Here are eight mantras for an awesome New Year:
1. Take time to reflect on– and bring closure to– the past BEFORE you step into a new opportunity (like the New Year)
2. Celebrate your awesomeness (all that you accomplished as you look back)!
3. Get neuroscience to work in your favor by focusing on the positive
4. Anchor your resolutions in an emotional way
5. Anchor your resolutions with affirmations tied to actions that you keep in a calendar
6. Get an organization system that makes sure that follow up (action) happens
7. View money is as the root of all possibilities (not the root of all evil!)
8. Let go of some of your to-dos (there is likely a reason they didn’t get done).
Need more help reviewing and celebrating the new year? This 60-minute step-by-step masterclass can guide you:
More about Jen
Jen has coached thousands of people for nearly 20 years to go beyond their self-made limitations and produce breakthrough results. She uses humor to help her clients transition through tough times to rediscover their joy, purpose, and passion.
After losing her Mom to ovarian cancer in 2011, Jen wrote a book about her journey aptly titled “When I Die, Take My Panties.” In the book, Jen helps readers discover the gifts in their own lives, and find the motivation and courage to have heartfelt conversations with the people they love, right here, right now.
Jen’s motto is “Live every day as if it’s your FIRST!”
Prior to being a life coach, comedian, author, and voice-over talent, Jen spent 30 years working in politics at the local, state and national levels. Currently, Jen lives in Maryland. If she isn’t on a trail hiking or biking, you’ll find her in her kitchen cooking up a new recipe with her latest finds from the local farmer’s market.
Leave a Comment