My Dad loves to make chili in huge batches over the stove in huge, bulky pots. Me? I prefer to use my slow cooker and make the cooking process as easy as possible.
This chili recipe is so easy, I challenged a 5th grader (Joe) to make the recipe and record it as a video.
He did it! And his video is great (I hope you take just a couple of minutes to watch it; link below). He makes it look so easy and carefree.
– 3 cans– 15 oz of any kinds of beans: kidney, white, pinto, black or great northern, any mix, drained and rinsed*
– 1 red bell pepper, chopped
– 1 yellow bell pepper, chopped
– 1 green bell pepper, chopped
– 1 onion, chopped
– 3 cloves garlic, chopped
– 1 stalk celery, chopped
– 1 Tablespoon chili powder
– 2 teaspoons cumin
– 1 ½ teaspoons dried oregano
– ½ teaspoon paprika
– 2 teaspoons brown sugar
– salt/pepper to taste
– 1 28 oz can tomato sauce
– 1 28 oz can diced tomatoes
Add all ingredients to slow cooker, stir to combine, and cook on low for 8 to 10 hours. Makes 10 cups.
Want to learn how “Food Feelings” affect your health and how to eat for optimal energy and well-being? Please check out this FREE Make Nutrition Fun Course on teachable!