What a refreshing and healthy side dish to brighten up your lunch or dinner table!
– 3 fennel bulbs, stems removed and sliced
– 1 small sweet onion, sliced thin
– 2 fresh navel oranges – peeled and divided into slices (optional)
– ¼ cup fresh cilantro, finely minced
– ½ cup fresh orange juice
– Juice of 1 lime
– 4 TBSP extra virgin olive oil
– 1 TBSP maple syrup
– Salt & pepper, to taste
– Optional: cucumbers, green onions and shredded carrots, to taste
Combine maple syrup, orange juice, lime juice, olive oil, salt, and pepper. Add orange slices, cucumber, green onion and carrots, if using. Pour over prepared fennel, onion, and cilantro and toss to combine. Serve immediately while fennel is nice and crisp (I like it better overnight as it marinates).
Want to learn how “Food Feelings” affect your health and how to eat for optimal energy and well-being? Please check out this FREE Make Nutrition Fun Course on teachable!