Such an easy soup to make when the weather starts getting a little chilly. Also, a great way to use up any greens you have left in your garden!
Ingredients and Directions:
– Veggie base: saute onions, carrots, and celery in 2 T coconut oil
– Transfer to slow cooker and add lentils: 2 cups french lentils, rinsed
– Liquid: Water or broth (to cover)
– Season: bay leaf, italian seasoning, salt, etc.
– Add greens towards the end of cooking: Kale, asian greens, tatsoi
– Add fresh herbs towards the end of cooking: sage, tarragon, etc.
Optional: Add peas or any other veggie you crave.
Slow cooker: Start in the morning and keep on LOW all day long. Add greens and herbs when you get home, serve after about 15 minutes. Serve over a whole grain like quinoa. Sprinkle a little bit of Braggs Liquid Aminos if you like.
Want to learn how “Food Feelings” affect your health and how to eat for optimal energy and well-being? Please check out this FREE Make Nutrition Fun Course on teachable!