This recipe is fun and always a hit. I really like the addition of the pomegranate seeds that add color and flavor.
– 1.5 cups bulgur (I cooked it with 3 cups water in a rice cooker—came out perfectly!)
– 2 T extra virgin olive oil (hint: I thought it needed a bit more olive oil, so use your judgment)
– ¼ cup lemon juice (hint: my hubby wanted more lemon flavor, so we added a few more Tablespoons)
– ½ teaspoon kosher salt
– 1 cup (about one bunch) Italian parsley, washed, spun and chopped
– ¼ cup mint leaves, washed, spun and chopped
– 3 scallions, thinly sliced/chopped
– 1 cup pomegranate seeds
– ½ cup toasted pumpkin seeds (we used sunflower seeds as we had these on hand).
Mix the above and serve. Yummy!
Want to learn how “Food Feelings” affect your health and how to eat for optimal energy and well-being? Please check out this FREE Make Nutrition Fun Course on teachable!