Kids love the concept of eating the rainbow. I recently served this delicious smoothie as part of Rainbow Day programming to promote fresh fruit and vegetable consumption by kids. The verdict? Thumbs up!
– Red: 1/4 cup frozen cherries
– Orange: 1 carrot
– Yellow: ½ banana plus 1 teaspoon lemon juice
– Green: 1 handful of greens (kale, arugula, spinach, etc.)
– Blue/Purple: 1/4 cup blackberries
– White:1/2 cup greek yogurt, vanilla flavor
Add ice/water (about 3-4 oz) and blend to your desired consistency. Sweeten with a bit of honey (1 teaspoon). Enjoy!