This recipe follows Nurture’s Recipe Framework for a Slow Cooker and can be easily modified.
– 1 can pinto beans (vegetarian option) or meat from a rotisserie chicken
– 1 large bunch of bok choy, washed and roughly chopped
– 1 medium yellow onion
– 1 pound mushrooms of any choice (wild mushrooms are amazing), washed and sliced
– 1 bag (16 oz) frozen broccoli, or use fresh
– 1 bell pepper (yellow, orange or red), washed, de-seeded and chopped
– 1/2 pound of carrots, peeled and sliced
– 2 leeks, washed and chopped
– 1 TBS coconut oil
– 2 TBS lime juice
– 2 tsp red curry paste
– 1 teaspoon each of ground coriander and cardamom
– 3 32 boxes veggie broth (vegetarian option) or broth made from the bones of your chicken (my personal fav option
– 2 cans (14 oz) coconut milk
Combine ingredients into a slow cooker and cook on high for 4-6 hours or on low for 8-10 hours.
Noodles, if using: cook according to package. Drain and mix noodles into soup prior to serving, or add separately to each bowl.
Garnish with green onions, cilantro and/or basil. Enjoy!
Want to learn how “Food Feelings” affect your health and how to eat for optimal energy and well-being? Please check out this FREE Make Nutrition Fun Course on teachable!