Another yummy recipe from my amazing friend Julia.
– 1 butternut squash, peeled, seeded and cut into 1 ½ inch chunks
– 2 fennel bulbs, cored and sliced into 1/2 inch thick slices
– 2 green apples, cored, peeled and chopped into 1-inch chunks
– 1 sweet onion, cut into 1 ½ inch chunks
– ¼ cup extra virgin olive oil
– 2 tablespoons butter
– 1 orange, juiced
– 3 tablespoons cream or milk
– salt and pepper
Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Put squash, fennel, apples, and onion onto a large sheet pan or roasting pan. Drizzle olive oil over the vegetables, sprinkle with salt and pepper and toss to coat. Roast vegetables until soft and edges are browning. Transfer vegetables to a food processor fitted with a steel blade. Add butter, orange juice, and cream. Process until smooth. Season with salt and pepper.
Want to learn how “Food Feelings” affect your health and how to eat for optimal energy and well-being? Please check out this FREE Make Nutrition Fun Course on teachable!