How to stay healthy during the holiday season?
Find Your Motivation.
In other words, know your WHY. What motivates YOU to be healthy?
If you have kiddos, you’ll want to know what motivates them (to be healthy).
Tips on staying healthy during the holidays was the focus of my interview with health experts Lisa Davis and Andrea Donsky on the Naturally Savvy show on Radio MD.
Here are a ten example motivators that we came up with during a brainstorming session held as part of the 10-minute interview:
- Avoid eating bugs by accident (the motivation of my own daughter to avoid the pink food dye carmine)
- Avoid feeling “tricked” or “fooled” by food manufacturers (my son’s motivation)
- Feel more energized
- Perform better in sports
- Think more clearly
- Do better in school
- Be more productive at work
- Enjoy physical radiance: beautiful hair, skin, and nails
- Avoid getting sick (sugar depresses immunity)
- Avoid the dentist (who likes having cavities treated?)
(One of the above just that might fit you or your child and allow you to experience more joy and less strife around the holidays).
What are some motivators that work for you in getting your own kids to eat better?
You can listen to the interview and hear us brainstorm:
As a Registered Holistic Nutritionist (RHN) and co-founder of NaturallySavvy.com, Andrea has dedicated her life to sharing her passion for living a natural & healthy lifestyle.
Lisa has a Masters in Public Health and is both a Certified Nutritional Consultant and Certified Children’s Yoga Instructor.