I am feeling SO MUCH better. It is now Day 17 of COVID, and I am actually feeling better than ever.
One of the things I heard on a recent training with immune experts and doctors was, “don’t feel bad if you get sick.”
You know, you hear those people that say things like “I never get sick.” Or, “I haven’t been sick in years,” as if it is some kind of badge of honor.
Well, what the experts and doctors are saying is that in some ways, we get sick in order to clean ourselves out. Fever and heat, shedding and clearing of the mucus membranes, sweat. It all can be considered part of important full-body detoxification.
I’d love to tell you about one of my newest, most favorite “bio-hacks” that has supported me through this COVID journey and, I believe, has assisted me in detoxifying my body tremendously.
It’s my new Sunlighten® sauna. I can’t wait to tell you about it.
And guess who else is VERY CURIOUS about what I’m doing inside this sauna “box”?
I have a friend who takes her dog into the sauna with her. I’ll have to learn more about that before I try it. I have learned enough about my new Sunlighten® sauna to know that it is safe for my whole family and me (for ages 18 and up), and it has so many benefits for the brain-body system. I’ve included links to a dozen (I stopped at a dozen, there are many more) resources with the science behind why Sunlighten® sauna therapy is so good for you
Want to learn more without reading all the peer-reviewed journal articles? 🙂
First, I’ll include a little “notice” before I share any more:
Disclaimer: What I’m writing here is for information only, and no part of its contents should be construed as medical advice, diagnosis, recommendation, or endorsement by the author. You should always ask your physician or healthcare provider for her recommendation before starting any new health-related activity.
Okay, what’s super cool about SunLighten® saunas? Here are my TOP THREE things:
1. Sweat without suffering. Sweating is one of the body’s safest and most natural ways to heal and maintain good health by helping to eliminate toxic heavy metals, drug residues, and hormone disruptors. It is the body’s natural way to detox your body of chemicals we accumulate through the food we eat and our environment.
In a Sunlighten sauna, the average person sweats out 20% toxins and 80% water, while in a conventional sauna, the average person only sweats out 3% toxins and 97% water.
Sunlighten® saunas are highly effective for detoxification because of their highly-efficient and patented Solocarbon® far infrared heating technology – the only technology proven to raise core body temperature by two-to-three degrees. Rather than simply heating the ambient air to draw out toxins, their saunas will heat your core to expel them.
2. Infrared makes the most of your sauna time. Not all infrared is created equal, and I love the science that backs the Sunlighten® technology. Their infrared saunas are hands-down the best quality, and they have the studies to back up that claim. They are the only clinically-backed infrared saunas on the market today.
3. Cool lights (chromotherapy and sound therapy) make it FUN. The sound and the lights were how I lured my teens into the sauna. They loved it. I don’t need them to even know the science about how healing light and sound therapy can be; the key is that I got them into the sauna and they loved it. Make it FUN.
Sunlighten® has these larger saunas as you see above, but they also make cozy and portable ones (that are much easier on the pocketbook) that look like little domed tents.
The CEO of Sunlighten is a friend of mine (LOVE the woman CEO!), and they are allowing me to offer you, my readers, a special deal if you decide to buy a sauna from them: $200 off a sauna and FREE shipping. Cool! (or HOT!).
For this offer, you will need to mention Make Everything Fun to get that discount. You can also use this link to claim the discount.
Note: Do you like transparency and generosity? Make Everything Fun does too! I’m adding this additional note to let you know that Sunlighten is an affiliate partner of ours, and we may receive a small commission if you decide to take advantage of the $200 off (and FREE shipping) offer and get a sauna. It is the holiday season, so in the case that Make Everything Fun does receive a commission, we assure you that 100% of this amount will be given to charity, going directly to Nurture (the “sister” nonprofit organization of Make Everything Fun). So thank you, and here’s to a happier and healthier world!
A DOZEN Sources for science lovers:
Read the other posts I’ve made on surviving COVID:
(See this series of blog posts for more information):
- Let Food Be Thy Medicine
- Stay Well Hydrated
- Sleep is the Best Medicine
- Start or Boost your Spiritual Practice
- Ask for Support for Mental Wellness
- Take Care of Your Skin
- Don’t Fear a Fever
- Sweat (this post)
- Take Time for Professional Development
- Keep it Out of Your Lungs